Saturday, November 1, 2014

Deep Space Nine: Quark's Bar Chair

I have been lucky more than a few times when it came to collecting Ferengi costumes and props, but on one occasion I was able to buy a few items directly from CBS itself.  This is an actual chair used on Deep Space Nine in Quark's bar.


I was blessed to be able to acquire several of these from CBS when they were retiring some of the items on their tour.  Every episode that had a scene take place in Quark's bar or the Replimat had one of these chairs on camera at some point.


Like so many items in the Star Trek world, this was actually something you could buy in a store.


An IKEA store!  This took me several years to figure out as I had bought and looked through dozens upon dozens of period catalogs to get the answer. They were sold for two years only and I have scanned the actual pages in their catalog for you to see here.  As you can see, they were quite expensive!

 

As cool as this is, I have a few larger pieces coming up...stay tuned!